The Wedding BlogI concur
Posted by Scott Bradford -- Friday, July 9, 2004, 9:30 PM
I concur with the previous entry ;-)
She was very nice, the pictures were cool, and so forth.
Bella is awesome :)
Posted by Melissa Lew -- Friday, July 9, 2004, 9:22 PM
I mentioned in a couple entries back that I had found a wedding photographer - ok, so she's not the wedding photographer, but she helps match the couple with a photographer that (of course) works for Bella. I hope that makes sense, I'm really tired, so I don't know if that was English :-p.
Her name is Michelle - really great person, and really understanding. I had e-mailed her back in June I believe, and she immediately got back to me the next morning. Meaning I e-mailed her around 1am and she got back to me around 6-7am. Wow. We met her tonight and she explained how Bella worked (payment schedules, how they choose a photographer for us, etc).
The photos she showed us were amazing - the company is based out of Chicago, and they do a lot of west coast weddings. And she showed us the album of a Chicago Bear's football player (of course I have absolutely no clue who he was, but the wedding was gorgeous). I think they just started doing weddings on the east coast this year, but I have been in business for over 20 years.
We can do 5 hours of wedding photography for $1075, including $150 worth of prints (that's part of the package). For an extra 300 bucks we get all of the pictures they take in the ceremony/reception. And she said they take approximately 100 photos an hour. BEAUTIFUL! And we get ALL of them. And in print quality resolution (the raw images from the camera - they use a professional digital camera - a Fuji that is commonly used in the modeling world due to its ability to manage color well - very balanced).
I'm excited! We're going to go ahead and reserve our date. There will be formal poses, but the majority of them will be fun photojournalistic images. *there's a playground at the church*
Excited excited! We got something accomplished. I can't wait to work with her more :)
The Wedding Blog! Woohoo!
Posted by Scott Bradford -- Thursday, July 1, 2004, 11:23 AM
Since Melissa has already started blogging about the wedding in her LiveJournal, I figured it was time to get the OFFICIAL WEDDING BLOG going. So this is it.
The rest of the wedding website is ... well ... nonexistent, so don't think it's going to look like this forever. The blog does, however, make this page a little more useful than it has been up 'til now.
Posted by Melissa Lew -- Thursday, July 1, 2004, 11:05 AM
1) Found a bakery I think I like - I need to call them about going down there to "taste test." mmmm buttercream and strawberries....mmmmm. Amphora bakery is the name I think and they're out in Vienna. I think they specialize in European foods...
2) The Wedding Photography people want to meet next week so I need to e-mail them back and set up a date that both Scott and I can make it.
3) We signed up for 2 wedding registries :), amazon and target. For those who need to do that, I highly recommend amazon. Not so much target. Amazon had everything...from furniture to really pretty dishes. :)
4) Kristen - I still need to find music for you to play at the wedding - a solo :)
5) Started working on the Ceremony thingy (order of service???) - got most of it done, still need to talk to Pastor Rob about how it all goes.
6) Graphics for the invitations are almost done. I still need to do the animation and get the Chinese version of the invitation.
7) Got the favors and a lot of the decoration stuff figured out.
only the last ten entries are shown on this page.
all archived months:July 2005